Friday, December 16, 2011

Candy Cane Crinkles

 We've been back for a few weeks, and already my supplies are dwindling. Not sleeping = coffee ALL the time = my bag of dunkin dark roast is looking pretty near empty.

I have one bag of candy melts to make cake pops, and I'm hoarding them jealously. And the two boxes of candy canes that miraculously got here in-tact despite being carried to the tower of london and back? Well, after today's cooking venture I might not even have enough to make a peppermint version of the magic ice cream.




So, while I may not share my candy canes with you, you can hoard some yourself and make them into some absolutely genius cookies. I found them at two peas and their pod, which is a really awesome blogging couple who seem to have absolute magic when it comes to cookies.

My four year old was happy to take a whack at some candy canes in a bag, and voila! Candy cane dust!



Then you basically make up a recipe of chocolate crinkles and roll them in the candy canes (instead of powdered sugar). The candy canes melt during cooking, and you're just going to have to believe me when I say they are worth sacrificing half your stash. Because I'm not sharing.



Recipe here in case you missed it above. Happy hoarding, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment