Sunday, October 16, 2011

Easy Black Bean Soup

Oh boy, has it been a crazy week around here. I started off with all sorts of grand ideas of delicious confections to bake. Then some events beyond my control had me out of the house for almost a week. Not even near a kitchen. Or normal food. Not to mention delicious baked goods. Then of course by the time I came home, the house was a mess, there was no food to be found anywhere, and general mayhem ensued.


Which is the perfect time to start making easy, comfort food recipes that can be made essentially from pantry ingredients. Well, in my house black bean soup is comfort food.



All you need is the following: 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 1 can of corn, 2 cans of black beans, a container of tomato paste, an onion, a few cloves of garlic, and cumin. Lots of cumin.


Sautee the onions in some olive oil until translucent, and dump in as much cumin as you can handle. For me that's a few tablespoons.



Dump in all the cans, except for the corn. Simmer 20 minutes, and blend a tad with an immersion blender.



Then toss in the corn, and serve! Goes great with some shredded cheddar and cornbread. Of course my ravenous monsters ate everything before I could take a picture, but given their level of depravation, I'll excuse it this time.

Soon to be back with some long-awaited baked goods! Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment