Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cranberry Lemon Oat Bread with Lemon Curd

Oh dear. I must not be very good at this blogging business. I keep making delicious food, mind you. But I do it at night and then my pictures come out all wonky. Or I do manage to get nice pictures but forget to take the in-process pics. You will forgive, me, won't you?

Today I had approximately 15 minutes to whip up something to bring to a friend's house. Luckily, I had some leftover lemon curd in the fridge (how strange, I know) and some cranberries a friend had stuck in my freezer (thank you, friend!).





It was the perfect thing to eat for tea in the sukkah. Or really anywhere, for that matter. Now I'm off on a self-improvement session of baking and photographing. Wish me luck!

Cranberry Lemon Oat Bread

rind of 1 lemon, peeled off with veggie peeler and chopped into tiny bits
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups chopped cranberries
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup cream

Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Pulse oats, lemon rind, flours, sugar, powder, salt, and butter in food processor until a uniform meal is formed. Remove to a separate bowl, and add cranberries coated in 3 T sugar. In yet another bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Mix wet and dry ingredients just until combined. Pat into a round springform pan which has been lined with parchment paper. Bake about 20 minutes, until puffed up, brown, and no longer jiggly. Will start to crack on top.

Goes nicely with the lemon curd from this Lemon Pie Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment