Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pie Pops

Finally! I've been drooling over cake pops since the amazing Bakerella first started this crazy trend. Crazy, of course, because I can't figure out how to acquire candy melts in Israel and there is only so much you can do with chocolate. But oh, the agony of not being able to put cute baked goods on a stick. Belive me, it's bad.

So when I saw cute apple pie cookies on Smitten Kitchen, I finally joined the trend and put something cute on  a stick.


Peach pie. Oh yum. I pre-cooked the peaches so that they would be nice and soft (also, they weren't quite ripe but I didn't have enough patience to wait another day).




Then cut out some rounds of pie crust, stuck a popsicle stick in the middle, and put tiny bits of cooked, spiced peaches. I did sprinkle some sugar on at this point, which was a good thing because my underripe peaches needed it. (I also made personal peach pies which came out disappointingly not sweet enough)


Then put the tops on and smushed together with another popsicle stick, brushed with egg white and sugar, and....


There you have it. Peach pie on a stick. Can it get any cuter? Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment